Tysons Woods Assisted Living: COVID-19 Response & Preparedness
As COVID-19 continues to remain a threat, especially to the elderly and those who are immunocompromised, nursing homes and assisted living facilities across the country are adjusting their day-t0-day procedures to minimize the risk of the virus. At Tysons Woods Assisted Living, we are doing our part to keep our community safe and healthy. No matter the challenges, our purpose is to provide the best quality in elder assisted living near Falls Church, VA, and throughout Northern Virginia.
Keep reading to learn the various ways we are adhering to CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our residents.
Visitor and Non-essential personnel Restrictions
- Under CDC and CMS recommendations, our facility restricts all visitation except for certain compassionate care cases, such as end-of-life situations.
- If visitors are allowed in, they must go through a thorough screening process to safeguard residents. If any of the following symptoms are present, they will be denied access:
- New or worsening cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Once permitted inside, visitors must wear a cloth face covering and perform frequent hand hygiene. Their visit is restricted to the resident’s room or other location designated by our facility.
- To maintain robust communication between residents and loved ones, we provide alternative forms of visitation such as video conferencing.
Monitoring and Screening of Healthcare Personnel (HCP)
- All HCP are fully educated in infection prevention and control (IPC) practices concerning COVID-19.
- HCP is trained in proper hand hygiene, selection and use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting of environmental surfaces and resident care equipment.
- All HCP are screened for symptoms of COVID-19 before beginning their shift. If any symptoms are present they must leave the facility.
- We have implemented the universal use of facemasks as well as social distancing among staff.
Monitoring, Screening, and Cohorting of Residents
- Residents and their families are informed of the steps our facility is taking to protect them, and how visits should be avoided.
- All residents are monitored daily for COVID-19 symptoms and are asked to immediately report to HCP if they feel feverish or experience any respiratory symptoms.
- All group/communal gatherings and activities are stopped to promote social distancing.
- When leaving their room, residents wear a facemask or cloth face covering (if tolerated), perform hand hygiene, and practice social distancing.
- Resident’s with suspected COVID-19 are prioritized for testing and immediately relocated to an isolated space for observation and care from HCP designated to that area. Residents, family members, and staff are notified.
- The health department is notified of any suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 among residents or HCP.
With these procedures in place, our team at Tysons Woods is taking every precaution to make sure our residents feel comfortable and safe in their homes here and that their family members can be at ease.
Tysons Woods: Dependable Assisted Living near Falls Church, VA
At Tysons Woods, our staff of highly-experienced professionals are dedicated to ensuring the health and comfort of our residents. We provide elder assisted living in Falls Church, VA that treats residents like family while respecting their independence. We are currently accepting residents while following proper procedures to ensure the safety of both new admissions and current residents.
If you are looking for an assisted living community to support your loved one, contact us at (703) 846-0395 to learn more about our facilities and services today.